Wednesday 18 February 2009

My Bloody Valentine...

Well it's all over now, but at the weekend my partner and I postponed Valentines day so we could move into a new apartment. We moved into new pad and now everything is Topsy Turkey! I have not internet so I nipped to the village to use Costa's free wifi yey Costa! here have a plug... On the way I passed a Launderette so I might have to pop in and see what kind of kit they are packing! Whilst sat here in the cafe a duo of cameramen have been filming fill in shots for something? that's been entertaining, panning shots of Prestwich shopping mall.

As for valentines, me an the missus are'nt too bothered about all that hum drum but we do take the opportunity to get each other something nice. This year I bought her tickets for Metallica, she bought me tickets to see Alex Horne, who I had never heard of! However she did tell me why and then it all made sense! So not as much of a review but my experience of last night!

Alex Does a very funny comedy stand up routine, called Birdwatchingwatching that's more like a conversation with the audience about an activity that he had "almost" dedicated an entire year to. Basically he decided to try and understand why his father like bird watching so much. (This is where my interest is, I am a proud bird watcher, although I wouldn't say dedicated to the cause, I am enthusiastic and have been for as long as I can remember.) So he and his Father (who he calls "Duncton" throughout, which is very funny when or if you see the show. (he has a book too.)) have a competition to see who could see the most birds in a year. With some rules to guide the challenge the two set off to see as many species of bird as they can. The routine is littered with audience interaction, and you certainly don't have to be a bird watcher to appreciate any of it, although it adds a little extra magic if you are. I found myself blurting out species of birds as he asked questions to a bemused audience, trying my best not to answer as I knew it would embarrass the "Faye", but I couldn't help myself, "Tawney Owl" I shouted! then slapped my hand over my mouth and looked at her sinking into the chair! I was of course correct and had a massive amount of self satisfaction.

The stories he tells are really funny and even quite touching as it is a journey of understanding and competing with ones father as much as understanding the passion for ornithology. So overall it was really very entertaining, I'd consider going again and defiantly recommend the show. if you do let me know your thoughts!

so until I get on the net again, next time it will be a Birthday weekend trip to the Big smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment