Thursday 12 February 2009

Miss a day, why? laundromat!

So I guess I pretty much failed or may be the blog is shaping up?
The last post I mentioned trying to do a picture a day which surely isn't impossible. Is it? well for me it probably is. So this Blog is gonna happen as and when, I'm pretty sure it will be very regular, as I have now installed a blog editor on my iPod allowing me to blog where ever I want.

And So I will discuss...why I missed my blog!
Well last week I had a computer problem, my beloved Power book almost died, she pulled through in the end and 7 days later she's doing me proud. On Saturday I am moving to Manchester so I have plenty of fussing to do before then, and I have had some deadlines to meet with work. Thankfully most have been realized.

As part of this fussing I found myself doing a task I hadn't partaken for about 6 years. I went to a launderette. Fascinating place. We'll it was very 70's and in there was a whistling old guy and a dodgy looking tall guy. Then at the back of the room the rotund happy lady who was my guide and adviser. I asked her how to use the machine, she told me, I explained it back to check I understood, Apparently I didn't! so she told me again. I waited till she'd finished. Then I used the machine. Worked a treat did exactly what I thought it might. Whilst I was waiting I asked her how long my Item would take to dry and how much it would be. She responded in 20ps and you know what, if I had enough 20ps she would have been bang on. I used £1.50 to get it nearly dry, she said 2 quid.

Once the three characters left, I pulled out my Polaroid and snapped a few pics. Wish I'd asked the old guy if I could take his picture. Could have been a nice shot. But I'm not very good at Portraits or confident at asking. Oh well I liked the ones I did do.

I also collected a couple of digi shots, one is a nice close up of the washing machine's logo. "Loadstar"


No comments:

Post a Comment