Monday 23 March 2009

Should we really ban comic sans?

It has been raised to my attention that there is a witch hunt afoot! One I am not sure I agree with or if I should grab my pitch fork and chase down the quarry?



Ban comic sans is Very amusing and I am almost rallied into an anti comic sans frenzy! However...It cant be done! unfortunately comic sans is very good for teaching aids it helps people with Dyslexia or and dyspraxia, (especially left aligned) it is a fixed with font as verdana is, so it also has its uses in all sorts of software and is also embedded in MS windows so its already to wide spread! The infection has been spread way too far!

I happen to agree and think it is a truly hideous font.(even the merch is horrid think they could have thought a bit more about it!) In fact it is so unattractive I feel brash enough to say that no designer let alone half good designer would ever use comic sans. However I cannot speak for the printers, sign writers and copy shops (who have probably produced the examples on the ban comic sans site) who apparently have little or no Idea about the true functionality or aesthetic values of well designed fonts, let alone even browsed for new fonts other than the ones installed on their computer!

Banning comic sans is like banning wheel chair ramps!


what we need to do is ration the usage, please feel free to upload some good examples of comic sans I'm actually on a mish to find good usage of comic sans.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this interesting comment on comic sans...

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123992364819927171.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

    ReplyDelete